The Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI) introduced the Aadhaar in the form of polyvinyl chloride (PVC) card in October 2020, much like your debit card which means you can hold Aadhaar PVC Card in your wallet. You can use your 28 digit enrollment ID (EID) or 16 digit virtual ID (VID) to apply for an Aadhaar PVC Card online by paying a fee of Rs 50 only. A PVC card is a plastic card on which details about Aadhaar is printed, to apply for the same just follow the steps below, and you are done:
How To Apply For An Aadhaar PVC Card Without Aadhaar Number?
Visit the official website of UIDAI and under ‘My Aadhaar section’ click on the ‘Order Aadhaar PVC Card’ option.
Now you will be asked to enter either the 12 digit Aadhaar number or the 16 digits virtual ID or the 28 digit EID.
Enter the correct security code or captcha you and click on ‘Send OTP’ You will get an OTP on your registered mobile number, after authenticating the OTP the preview of the PVC card will be displayed on your device screen.
Now head to the payment section and pay the required fee of Rs 50.
Once the payment is done, the Aadhaar PVC Card will be ordered successfully The new security features are loaded with the Aadhaar PVC Card.
A hologram, Guilloche Pattern, ghost picture & Microtext are among its security components
Aadhaar PVC Card
The Aadhaar approving authority, the Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI), has announced that individuals can now seek Aadhaar in a PVC card form. A nominal charge for this will have to be provided by the individual. UIDAI believes that the PVC card is easy to carry, more precise, and easily available offline. Security features such as secure QR code, hologram, holder’s specifics, holder’s photo, print date, Aadhaar logo and issue logo are included in the card. As the Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI) has authorized it to be reprinted as a polyvinyl chloride (PVC) card, the latest Aadhaar card will now come with a totally different incarnation. So now, much like your ATM or debit cards, you will be able to hold the Aadhaar card in your wallets.
Eligibility required to apply for Aadhaar PVC Card
Any individual having an Aadhaar number can download this PVC card. In case your mobile number is not recorded in the Aadhaar database, you can use your non-registered / alternate mobile number to request for a PVC card to be granted. ‘Order Aadhaar Card’ is a modern UIDAI service that makes it easy for the Aadhaar owners to print their Aadhaar records on a PVC card by paying nominal fees.
How to get an Aadhaar PVC Card?
- To get the Aadhaar PVC Card, follow the instructions below in order to apply: Visit www.uidai.gov.in and select the ‘Order Aadhaar PVC Card’ option from the ‘My Aadhaar’ tab. N
- ow on the next page you will be asked to provide either your 12-digit Aadhaar number, 16-digit virtual ID or 28-digit Enrolment ID.
- Now you need to enter the captcha code on the required field. You need to click on the tick box in case your mobile number is not recorded with the Aadhaar database.
- You will then be prompted to enter the registered / substitute mobile number in which you will receive an OTP.
- Now you need to click on the ‘Send OTP’ button and an OTP (only valid for 10 minutes) will be sent to either your registered / substitute mobile number.
- Now you need to enter the received OTP on the required box, accept the ‘Terms and Conditions’ and then click on the ‘Submit’ button If your mobile number is recorded with the Aadhaar database, the glimpse of your Aadhaar verification card will be accessible to you or it will not be noticeable if your mobile number is not recorded.
- Now to make the required payment you need to select the ‘Make Payment’ option and then you will be redirected to the payment page where you can initiate payment using any of the following services i.e. credit/debit card, Net banking, or UPI.
- An online invoice will be generated automatically which you can download for future use, if your payment is successful.
- In contrast, to your mobile number, a 28-digit Service Request Number (SRN) will be sent via SMS.
Process to verify the status of Aadhaar PVC Card
- The status of the Aadhaar PVC card can be tracked at www.uidai.gov.in under the ‘My Aadhaar’ tab.
- Under the ‘My Aadhaar’ tab click on the ‘Check Aadhaar PVC card status’ option Now on the next page you will be asked to provide your 28-digit SRN, 12-digit Aadhaar number.
- Enter the captcha code on the required field and click on the ‘Check Status’ option. Your Aadhaar PVC Card status will be displayed on your device screen instantly.
Official Site : Click Here